Stillwater Mining Corporation
March 2011 – Present (4 years 5 months)
Billings, Montana Area
• Implemented Thermo Scientific SampleManager LIMS (01/2015), Autoscribe Informatics Gemini LIMS (06/2011)
• Develops ad-hoc reports to conduct data analysis and validation.
• Confers with all departments to analyze current operational procedures and trends, and identify problems and provide solutions.
• Conducts business analysis and recommends technical alternative solutions to management as to course of action that best meets the organization’s goals.
• Research, evaluate and assess the financial impact of issues identified in laboratory processes.
• Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems.
• Creates multiuser, real-time, robust database solutions that interact with internal and external execution systems.
• Subject matter expert on all installed robotic automated systems (Herzog, ABB, FLSmidth), instrument software installations (Tiamo, WinLab, iTeva, SuperQ, etc), and Metrohm titration systems.
• Calibration development on PANALytical Wavelength Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence instruments for complex matricies.
Laboratory Information Systems/Laboratory Informatics Developer
January 2003 – February 2011 (8 years 2 months)
Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
• Participate in SOP development, QA/QC documentation, and laboratory audits from various governing organizations (NELAP, DOD, COE, ISO17025 etc.)
• Develop and maintain bench level applications for doing calculations, measurements, and auditing, for various environmental methods (SW846, CWA, ASTM, SM, etc.)
• Develop and maintain a web based Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) built on LAMP stack in production in the Wilmington, NC Environmental Lab
• Develop and maintain applications supporting various LIMS throughout the network of environmental laboratories in North America
• General IT support for all connected systems including desktops, servers, and scientific equipment
• Participate actively in Global SGS projects involving LIMS, continuous improvement, and lab excellence
AOL Time Warner
May 1999 – July 2002 (3 years 3 months)
Wilmington, North Carolina Area
• Responsible for all IP connectivity for the Wilmington, NC and inter-connectivity with Carolina Regional Network (OC48, OC12, OC3, DS3)
• Developed a web based application for managing and troubleshooting network and coaxial performance across a Cisco powered Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial network using Simple Network Management Protocol and Perl
• Directly managed a network of 60,000 client devices using various technologies (DOCSIS, DPT, POS, ATM, ETH, UBR, GSR, OSPF, BGPv4, RIPv2, RA).
• Supported regional network operations of 600,000+ client devices
• Managed DNS (BIND), IP Address Allocation and other network services on SunOS and Windows based systems
Lead Internet Network Operations Tech
September 1996 – May 1999 (2 years 9 months)
Naples, Florida Area
• Lead a team of technicians installing and supporting a one-way cable modem network
• Provided tier 2 and 3 support to a client base of 10,000 subscribers